Bilateral cooperation between Slovenia and Egypt
Slovenia and Egypt have developed close relations (throughout the past decades). The countries are important political and trade partners that also boast varied cultural cooperation and promote intercultural dialog.
I. Recent high-level visits
- visit of the President of Egypt Mubarak to Slovenia, October 2009;
- visit of the Prime Minister Pahor to Egypt, December 2009;
- visit of the Minister of Foreign Affairs Žbogar to Egypt, November 2010;
- participation of the Egyptian Assistant Foreign Minister Mr Amr Helmi in Bled Strategic Forum, September 2012;
- participation of the State Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign affairs Dr Božo Cerar at the EU-Egypt Task Force meeting, November 2012.
II. Recent Projects
- presentation of Slovenian spas and medical tourism, followed by B2B meetings between representatives of Slovenian spas and representatives of Egyptian travel agencies and tour operators in Cairo, December 2012;
- rehabilitation of young victims of the Egyptian revolution and the events in the aftermath of the Port Said football match and training for Egyptian rehabilitation experts, the University Rehabilitation Institute Soča in Ljubljana, November 2012;
- bilateral political consultations between the Director General for Bilateral Relations of the Slovenian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Dr Marjan Cencen and the Egyptian Assistant Foreign Minister Mr Amr Helmi in Cairo, May 2012;
- a Slovenian-Egyptian artists' workshop in Cairo, March 2012;
- training and workshops in the field of autism spectrum disorders, planned and implement by the Slovenian Centre for Autism in Cairo, March 2012;
- securing scholarships for post-graduate studies in Slovenia for Egyptian students for the academic year 2013/14, March 2012;
- expert training for Egyptian medical staff specialized in rehabilitation, the University Rehabilitation Institute Soča in Ljubljana, November 2010 – June 2011;
- agreement on closer cooperation between the Euro-Mediterranean University in Slovenia and the Egyptian Institute for Diplomatic Studies founded by Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, April 2011.